Wednesday 13 June 2012

What I am currently......Watching

Hello :)

I decided to do a series of blogs about what I am currently doing/watching/reading/loving etc and I thought that I would start with what I am currently watching! More recently my 'watching' hasn't really changed and hasn't really been a lot, I have just been keeping up with my usual shows like NCIS, CSI:NY and Criminal Minds (see a pattern forming there?) and one day on a whim I was asked if I wanted to watch a show called Once Upon A Time on channel 5 in the UK (I believe that a couple of weeks ago the season 1 finale aired in the USA on abc). It appealed to me as it was promoted as being related to Fairytales and characters from the well known ones. 


I became addicted to the show straight after episode one! We are currently up to episode 11 I think in the UK (It airs sundays on channel 5 around the 8pm mark) I will basically outline the backbone of the story without hopefully giving to much away and point out some of the well know characters.

To start with it revolves around the story of Snow White with the Evil Queen saying that she will put a curse on all the fairytale characters so that they will never have their happy endings. They end up being in our world, in a place called Storybrooke in Maine, to be able to break the curse the 'saviour' will return who happens to be Snow and Charming's daughter (she's called Emma). Now while in Storybrooke the characters do not age or remember who they used to be, when Emma arrives she is told of the curse and it's effects from a young boy who is the Mayor of Storybrookes son. By coming to Storybrooke she is effecting the curse and things start to change.....

There are  a number of characters to look out for in the series including:
Snow White
Prince Charming
The Evil Queen
Jiminy Crickett
Red Riding Hood
Rumpelstilskin
Cinderella 
and a LOT more!!!

When watching it is interesting to spot subtle hints to other Disney Films as the show is made by abc which is a Disney owned company there are a number of small links like for example one of the characters called Archie has a dalmatian which is called Pongo and also the creators of the show made the TV show Lost and apparently there are small hints to things that were in Lost however I have not seen Lost so I don't really know what to look out for! 

I don't really want to go into tooooo much detail and ruin the stories in the episodes so I will post a trailer for the first episode for you all to watch.


If you have any shows you think I would like to watch just let me know in the comments section! Let me know what you think of OUAT too if you watch it!!

ttfn

Megs 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment