Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lakes, Leeds and a lack of blogging!! (and a long post! sorry!!)

Hey!

Sorry for the complete lack of blogging recently! after going to London I went back to work for a week and then spent last week in the lake district with a couple of friends.

Work was the same old but just when I had got used to being at work again I was off for another week to go to the lakes!! We spent 5 days in Seasons Whittborough (I think that is how you spelt it, but you know how bad I am!) and it was such a nice place! My friend drove us down on the Monday and we decided to unpack and go to the local supermarket for food. Oh, I should point out that you stay in little houses in the holiday village, a bit like Dirty Dancing, and it is self catered. So I had heard a lot about the place because my friends had stayed there previously and told me the house would be, a little different to a normal house. Slightly confused, I know. So we went in to unload our bags and the house was upside down. Not like literally with the roof on the floor but the levels were upside down! The bedrooms and bathrooms were on the ground floor when you walked in and the living room and kitchen/dining room was upstairs! I will try and upload the short room tour for you guys! So the first day we just unpacked and did the food shop, rather chilled day and then had a wonder around the place and found a pub quiz (massive pub quiz fan!).

OH, before I forget! When we were driving to the site we drove through a place called Greystoke and passed this ma-hoo-sive house with acres and acres of land and my friend pointed out that Tarzan was known as/said to be the Lord Of Greystoke (there is a film about it from the '80's) and I got super excited because I could relate it to Disney (yes I know, little sad) any way....moving on...

On the second day we decided to wonder round Keswick and do a little shopping. I mean like REALLY LITTLE shopping but we did go in a really cool sweet shop called....Ye Olde Friars of Keswick and I could of spent all day in there!! we decided to stay in the village as there was a sports bar which would be playing the Football (England match, so we weren't going to miss it) and have some tea so to pass the time we played Mini Golf which I promptly lost! I was rubbish!! 

On the Wednesday we decided to go out and do something productive! So, on recommendation from my friends dad, we went panning for gemstones! And it was actually a lot of fun! we were the only ones there and we went to the little stream with our panning trays and spent almost 2 hours panning!! I kept finding fools gold everywhere!!! You were given a little pot to put your gemstones in to take home and we filled 3! It was so much fun. We had spotted a little museum in keswick which was all about illusions and puzzles (pretty sure I took some video footage, will try and upload them) and one room made me feel rreeaaallyyy sick, it messed with your head!!!! We had found the swimming pool in the main area of the holiday village and went swimming every day, most times twice a day and that night after we had been swimming we decided to go up to the bar to see what entertainment was on. When we got there we found that the entertainment that night was a young singer from Blackpool called Tom McLeod who sounded a lot like Michael BublĂ©. Well, after a bottle of wine one of the friends departed for the night and me and my other friend stayed on to watch the entertainment. He was a great singer and interacting with the audience and was really a good laugh. However, I was sure that if we got up and crossed the room to go to the loo we would get hounded. The dancefloor bit he was on (he wasn't on a stage he could wonder about, and he did) was right next to the loos and I knew he would harass us if we went! True to form he did, to a couple of middle aged ladies and it was so funny and I decided I ain't even gonna try! My friend on the other hand went for it and promptly got harassed while he sang 'My Girl' we both couldn't stop laughing, I was on the floor crying and she wondered out of the room! leaving me to get hounded!!!! Well after that I said I wasn't moving, so she got use more wine! oh yes, wise move. She needed a smoke and took the opportunity while he was across the other side to make a dash for the balcony (there were 3 doors one opposite us and then 2 equally distanced apart one near the loo....) which ran the length of the hall. Spotting her, he decided to lock her out locking ALL the doors! Now trying to mime that the doors are locked after you have had wine is difficult so I decided to unlock them when his back was turned, this didn't work out. The result was us both being locked on a balcony..... after 5 mins he decided to let us back in unlocking the door near the toilet, he came after us again and we spent the next 5 minutes trying to decide when the best time to run from the loo was. To end the night we bought his CD and made cocktails!

Thursday and Friday were less interesting to you as they resulted in watching Pushing Daisies all day and packing to drive home on the Friday.

On the Saturday, I drove to Leeds to see Lea and her new place. I do not want to spoil the surprise on here so check out her blog when she has the internet to see her room tours!

FINALLY 

Apologies to not blogging recently, I didn't have wifi in the lakes and I have been mad busy with work however I do have some new blogs coming up so my posts will become more frequent!

ttfn

Megs
x

P.S thanks for baring with me in this rambling blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment