Friday 8 March 2013

Hello Lovelies!!

I know we are a week already into March and I haven't written a favourites for February yet! So I thought I should get a move on with it during a small break in lecture.

Ok so the first thing (or things!) that I have been loving for the past month is Soap and Glory products! I had popped into my local Boots store and picked up a few things as most of time they were on 3 for 2 and as I hadn't really tried them before I thought I would try the travel size ones (roughly £2.50 each) and this is what I got


I picked up some Glad Hair day shampoo and conditioner, hand food. scrub of your life, the righteous butter and clean girls body wash. I have to say I loved them all! I stuck these in my gym washbag and started using them after my workouts. I love the smell of the soap and glory products, it is right up my street! With the shampoo and conditioner the fragrance was quite strong but I did like the outcome on my hair. It left it feeling soft and hydrated and didn't make it dryer or go greasy quicker than my normal shampoo's. I felt that the body scrub worked really well on my skin, sometimes I can find that with scrubs they dry out patches of my skin and this one didn't! I teamed it with their moisturising body butter to lock in all the moisture and it continued to keep my skin soft for aggeeesss! a little goes a long way with this butter and they all have the same fragrance in varying strengths. The hand food I picked up because I love it and wanted a smaller one to throw in my uni bag to keep my hands soft. If you haven't tried this hand cream go and try it NOW! Check out all the products available here.

The next product I have been loving this month is the Lush Mint Julips Lip scrub at £5.25 


With the cold months still with us I needed to give my dry and chapped lips some TLC! and to make my lips luscious and lipstick ready I would use this scrub on my lips and then team it with my favourite lip balm the Carex cherry lipbalm. I adore Lush products and this goes for the lip scrubs too! This one smells and tastes like mint chocolate and it is edible! that did make me smile, it wasn't one of those scents and tastes that are more artificial and I can't praise Lush enough for their products! Check out all of Lush's products here.



 The next set of items are makeup items mainly the products for my 'go to' looks of the past month. Firstly, after my friend at work told me how she uses Benefit's Moonbeam I decided to give it a go, it is around £18.50. She places a few small drops under her eye and just above the cheekbone and swears by it so I gave it a try. Placing it under the eye, in my opinion, really does make a difference it brightens the area and reflects the light beautifully.It is a golden apricot colour and really does illuminate the skin.
check out the Benefit website here for more products


One of the first of my 'go to' looks is a really simple eye, I just used one base lid colour. MAC Naked Lunch  (around £12 I am unsure if more)

It is an absolutely gorgeous frost shadow which is a nude/pink and looks good on it's own or even made into an evening smokey eye. I just popped this on my lid and blended it with a fluffy brush and stuck on some mascara when in a rush (sometimes I stuck liner on but mostly I left the eye unlined) I absolutely loved the colour payoff and staying power of this shadow and it can be buildable to make a stronger colour.

The second look I used consisted of MAC Brule all over the lid with Vanilla in the inner corner, Urban Decay Tease through the crease, line lash line with MAC Teddy pencil and then blend a small amount of MAC Woodwinked into the liner.
Top: MAC Vanilla
Bottom: MAC Brule

MAC Woodwinked

Urban Decay Tease

MAC Teddy Liner


This made a subtle smokey eye with bronze shimmer as the liner is a bronze/brown and  Woodwinked has a really nice shimmer through it that complimented my eye colour

Check here for MAC products and here for Urban Decay products

As for Mascara for the past month, every day without fail I reached for The Rocket by Maybelline in black waterproof
I absolutely loved the effect it had on my lashes! I thought that it actually did a pretty good job when I compared it to my Benefit They're Real mascara and I think it a good everyday alternative and is cheaper!!

you can see other Maybelline products here.

The final thing I have been loving this month is a cover of the One Direction song Kiss You which was covered my two of my favourite youtubers Luke Conard and Joey Graceffa. There were two covers done where each of them performed different parts

Click the picture to see Luke's version of the song


Luke's Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/lukeconard
Joey's Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyGraceffa


Hope you enjoyed that little post, have a lovely day!

ttfn x


7 comments:

  1. You sure have some great things there. I luv soap and glory - I've got so many of their stuff!
    That moon beam sounds interesting, have to give that one a try! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I pop it on just after concealer and I really like it, I still like to use their highbeam as a highlighter :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! Just looked over your blog, it looks amazing really loving reading it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is too much i need to buy everything!

    http://www.hippiegonemad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Lip scrub :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the lush lip scrub so much and soap and glory is awesome anyway.
    xx

    ReplyDelete