Thursday 2 May 2013

Holiday Haul #2

Hello Lovelies!!

Before I start the title's of my posts don't seem to want to appear unless I add a # so apologies for the # and if anyone knows how to fix it please comment below and I will be eternally grateful, any way on with the post!

So my last post was my haul from France on my recent holiday and today I thought I would share my haul form London.

I didn't do a lot of shopping in London, we didn't have a lot of time to really spend shopping I just remember walking all over. A lot!


Lets start with the 2 things at the top of the picture, 2 keyrings! (I swear I am a keyring junkie...) both of these were from Forbidden Planet which is a shop I love when we go down to London. The first keyring is a Big Bang Theory keyring and says 'BAZINGA!' which is Sheldon's catch phrase almost and was £3. If you do not know what Big Bang Theory is you have potentially been living under a rock for the past 6 years and I suggest you go on YouTube and look at some videos! The next Keyring (which is now on my work keys) is Captain America's shield. I do love a bit of Captain America and was £1.99 and It just happened to appear in my basket....I do not know how it happened.... :)

The bottom to items are edible! Yummy! the bottom left item is just a rather massive bag of tuck shop sweets which I got from Harrods. Harrods has been done up on the inside and they had a new sweet shop on one of the floors and the staff were wandering round with trays of sweets going 'Would you like one?' Who would say no!?! Anyway I can't remember how much this was I will try and find out for you and it jst contains some of my favourite sweets from when I was little. The last item in that section is my M&M's. They are pink, purple and teal. And Peanut. HEAVEN. I got these from the M&M World shop in Leicester Square and I want to go back. They were about £5 it was like a pick and mix stand for just M&M's and they tasted amazing :)


As per the tradition for London trips, we went to catch a show this time it was Wicked (which was wicked!) and I picked up the souvenir programme for £8 and a keyring of the witch hat (yes another one, this is on my car keys write now) I always try to get a programme when I see a show for memories and to try and get the cast to sign, and oh would you look at that I got it signed :)





I also spotted this t-shirt which says I <3 Oz and I have been a little Oz junkie recently (thanks very much Disney!) and I love the colour purple so it was a must and was £20. 

You can check out all of the Wicked merchandise here for UK and here for US

While walking down Shaftesbury Ave from Forbidden Planet I stumbled across a shop called Fopp which is owned by HMV I think (well I definitely think as when I googled for a link it took me to HMV) and there was something I was desperate to get




Yes. I already have the highlights but this, this is the WHOLE MASSIVE BEAUTIFUL soundtrack with 2 discs and lots more songs. (and was £13) I refrained from buying this when it came out which was very difficult for me and I made a deal that if I had money after Disneyland i would get it.


As a fan of the show and the film it was a given I had to own this and Samantha Barks, Eddie Redmayne, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter alone are a good enough reason for me to own this bad boy. This has been on in my car since I bought it, my favourite songs are: Stars (it is my favourite from the show), I dreamed a dream, Master of the House, A Heart Full of Love, On My Own (Samantha Barks you just simply rock in my opinion), one day more, Do you hear the people sing?, bring him home, The final battle and Javert's suicide. I should of just said The whole soundtrack is my favourite........

Anyway, that concludes my holiday shopping!! Hope you have enjoyed my holiday posts and thank you for sticking with them if you have made it this far!!

ttfn

Megs

xx

2 comments:

  1. I saw Wicked in 2011 and it was just amazing!!! I loved it, Your very lucky to have got their signatures!! hehe :) love the top!!

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I LOVE IT :) If you go to the stage door for a musical the cast are normally more than happy to sign items for you :)

      Megs
      xxxx

      Delete